Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ric-Rac Flower Clip


I think it is time we post some cute stuff for girls! My oldest girl keeps asking me what I am going to "sew" for her. She will be surprised when she wakes up in the morning and sees what I made! This was fast, and easy! Hmm..... Maybe this will have to be from the Easter Bunny!

Materials:

Ric-Rac (I used about 18 inches)
felt
Needle and thread
Button
Bendy hair clip
Glue gun


Step 1:
Trace 2 circles on the felt and cut out. I used a small cup.


Step 2:

Start sewing your Ric-Rac on starting on the outside edge of the circle.


Over lap and drop it down a bit when you get to the starting point to start the next row.

Step 3:

Hot glue the end in place to keep from fraying and sew on your button.


Step 4:

Make a slit in the extra felt circle where you want to have the bottom of the clip come out, then hot glue the top part of the clip in place.


Step 5:

Hot glue the two felt pieces together, and you are done! This would also look great on a headband.

No comments:

Post a Comment