Monday, January 23, 2012

Beaded Letter Accent Piece



So I spent my weekend making pot holders. It was a lot of fun! Needless to say, my mom and sister are set on pot holders for the next little while. When I got done sewing, I thought that I should give the sewing machine a rest, and try something else. So off to Hobby Lobby I went with a few ideas in mind. The result of my trip?..................A new accent piece to add to my home decor! This was both CHEAP and EASY!!! (And cute!)

Here is what you need:

-Small beads (or anything that is small that you can glue to a wooden letter)
-A letter $1.99 at Hobby Lobby
-Black spray paint (or any other color)
-Glue gun
- About 30 minutes


I think this one is pretty easy for you to figure out on your own, but I will show you what I did anyway.

Step 1: Spray your letter with black spraypaint and let it dry.



Step 2:

Start gluing the beads on (or what ever you are using) to the letter.
Be careful not to use too much glue! It will show around your beads and look sloppy.


Step 3:

Find a place to put it!

I had a hard time deciding where to put it-

It looked good here:



It even looks cute in my Christmas wreath! The options are endless! Have fun and let me know how it goes!


P.S. This would be really cute hanging from a cute ribbon!

No comments:

Post a Comment