Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Saving Your Front Door

So this might be something that is common knowledge to the crafting world, but I just recently discovered what a life saver fleece can be. I am talking a life saver to my front door!! I love to hang stuff on my door.....who doesn't? The only problem with that is what ever is hanging on my door scratches it! (The same thing happens with my garland on my railing.) This summer we had to refinish the front door. What a pain! Until one day I was roaming around the fabric store (looking for a sewing machine) when I ended up by the soft cozy fleece. Then the idea dawned on me that I could glue some of this on the back of my door hanger and wreath! DUH! Why didn't I think of that 5 years ago when we bought our house?

It is so easy!

Just cut a strip of fleece the width you need to cover your door hanger, or what ever is rubbing on your door and hot glue it in place. Yep. It is that easy. Nice, huh?


I know that it isn't straight, but I had my 9 year old daughter help me......that is how simple it is!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!! You've done so many posts already!!!

    ReplyDelete